Two of the candidates for promotion in the first round, Guingamp and Valenciennes, will face Monday evening in the closing of the 5th round of Ligue 2.
He disputed the final of the League Cup in the previous season, but could not avoid relegation. In the friendly he had good performances accounting for 4 victories and one failure. The start of Ligue 2 is not the expected one, but one success, two draws and one failure being the results recorded in the first 4 rounds.Thuram, Coco or Benezet left the team this summer, but still retain a competitive lot at least for the second league. El Hadji Ba, Pierrick Valdivia and Frantzdy Pierrot joined the team this week, Letelegramme notes.
He has a reluctant championship debut, 7 points after 4 stages at 6 distances from the first position currently occupied by Lorient. The training period can be considered a positive one, 3 draws and one victory.Olivier Guegan seems to use the same 3-4-3 system as in the previous round. With one exception, Sessi D’almeida could be replaced by Julien Masson. Goalkeeper Damien Perquis and Frederic Bong are unavailable.
⚽ Direct meetings
It is the first direct match after a 5 year break.
⚽ Probable teams
- Guingamp: Caillard – Mellot, Kerbrat, Eboa Eboa, Palun – Phiri, Valdivia – Ngbakoto, Blas, Pele – Rodelin.
- Valanciennes: Prior – Ntim, Spano – Rahou, Brassier – Dos Santos, Fedele, Masson, Ambri – Chergui, Guillaume, Knight.
⚽ What is the form of the teams in the last 5 matches?
- Last result: 2-2 at Auxerre
- Shape: D L W L D
- Guingamp and Valenciennes close the fifth stage of Ligue 2 on Stade du Roudourou.
- After four matches, Guingamp has five points and is 14th.
- The hosts have only one win, 1-0 with Orleans; plus two draws, 3-3 with Grenoble and 2-2 at Auxerre, last stage.
- Guingamp lost to Lens, score 0-2, but also in the League Cup in Orleans, 1-4.
- Last result: 1-0 with Rodez
- Shape: W L W D L
- Valenciennes gets a better idea after four games, 10th place, seven points.
- Valenciennes won away at Le Mans 2-1 and last round with Rodez, 1-0.
- That was after losing 0-1 at Chambly in the first round and drawing home in the second, 1-1 with Nancy.
- Between the two victories in rounds 3 and 4, the team was eliminated from the League Cup, 1-4 in Ajaccio.
⚽ News, analysis, statistics and progress on the 2 teams.
- The start is disappointing as the expectations were after the friendly, where the team managed four victories in five matches.
- Last season, the team relegated from Ligue I, after five years, 20th place out of 20.
- The last time he dropped from the first scene (2004) took nine years to return.
- Even so, Guingamp played the final of the League Cup, lost in the away matches with Strasbourg. .
- The next stage goes to Lorient’s land.
- Valenciennes finished last season in 13th place in Ligue 2, with four points and five relegation points.
- He last played with Guingamp six years ago – in four matches he lost only once, 0-1 in April 2014.
- In the rest, Valenciennes won twice, and once ended on a draw – all meetings were under 2.5 goals.
- Le Mans 2-1 victory was the first in the Ligue 2 away after three draws and two defeats.
- Next step, Valenciennes receives Clermont’s visit.
Football Prediction of the Day Guingamp vs Valenciennes
I bet the hosts in this duel, I do not think they will leave the playing field with a negative result. Valenciennes does not impress on the move, the previous season had only 4 wins in 19 games.Marseille is the only band that has won in the last 9 games on “Stade du Roudourou”, an additional reason to believe in the chance of the hosts. But considering that in 6 of the previous 8 matches played by Guingamp at home have scored at least two goals, there will be at least two successes on the scoreboard.
Bet Tips: Guingamp leads to the break or the end – PSF 1